Now that 2014 is coming to an end it’s time to celebrate it. We are an interior design and decor blog, so we love everything about this subjects. 2014 was a good year… Don’t you think, lovers? Let’s see the 2014 top best moments of interior design.
– MARTINO STIERLI WAS ANNOUNCED AS CHIEF CURATOR OF ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN BY MOMA
The professor of modern architecture at the University of Zurich’s Institute of Art History is now the chief curator of architecture and design. The Museum of the Modern Art announced that Martino Stierli will assume this post in March 2015. Stierli succeeds Barry Bergdoll, who stepped down in 2013 (and remains a part-time curator at MoMA). Stierli has done a great job at this area. He has written extensively on contemporary architectural practice, including the recent global boom in high-rise buildings, and the architecture of Johnston Marklee. Congrats, Martino!
– SHIGERU BAN WINS 2014 PRITZKER PRIZE
Interior Designer and Hall of Fame member since 2010 Shigeru Ban has been named winner of the 2014 Pritzker Architecture Prize. The 56-year-old architect shuttles between offices in Tokyo, Paris, and New York. At the same time, he struggles for VAN: Voluntary Architects’ Network, which he founded in 1995. We all celebrate Ban for his innovation, economy, and efficiency inspired by traditional Japanese architecture. You deserved it, Ban!
– HAPPY BONES COFFEE SHOP WINS THE INTERIOR DESIGN BEST OF YEAR AWARDS FOR CAFÉ
A project by Ghislaine Viñas Interior Design and UM Project Collaboration,, in New York City.
– LES HARAS DE STRASBOURG WINS THE INTERIOR DESIGN BEST OF YEAR AWARDS FOR FINE DINING
A project by Patrick Jouin, in France.
– LE MERIDIEN ZHENGZHOU WINS THE INTERIOR DESIGN BEST OF YEAR AWARDS FOR FOREIGN HOTEL
A project by Neri&Hu Design and Research Office, in China.
SEE ALSO: 2015 THE INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF LIGHT
– BIG LITTLE ROCK WINS THE INTERIOR DESIGN BEST OF YEAR AWARDS FOR GREEN
A project by Minarc, in Iceland.
– WIEDEN+KENNEDY NEW YORK WINS THE INTERIOR DESIGN BEST OF YEAR AWARDS FOR LARGE OFFICE:CREATIVE
A project by WORKac, in New York.
– ACADEMIE LAFAYETTE PLAYGROUND WINS THE INTERIOR DESIGN BEST OF YEAR AWARDS FOR OUTDOOR
A project by KEM STUDIO, in Kansas City.
– COMO POINT YAMU WINS THE INTERIOR DESIGN BEST OF YEAR AWARDS FOR RESORT HOTEL
A project by Paola Navone, in Thailand.
– STEELCASE WORKLIFE TORONTO WINS THE INTERIOR DESIGN BEST OF YEAR AWARDS FOR SHOWROOM
A project by superkül, in Canada.
★★★★★ We think those are the best interior moments of 2014. Why don’t you comment this post with your opinion? Which are your 2014 interior design favourite moments? 🙂 Thank you, and have a lovely 2015.